Position Title: Director of Youth Ministry
Led and Supervised by: St. Peter’s Consistory
Date Proposed: March 3, 2022
Send Us Your Resume
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume by clicking the button to the right.
The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for leading the Youth Ministry program at St. Peter’s Reformed Church. This involves developing, coordinating, facilitating, and administering Youth Ministry programs and activities which are designed to enhance Christ-centered growth. In addition to having a passion for Christ and for ministry, the Director of Youth Ministry must be in touch with youth culture and is expected to use creative methods to keep the Youth Ministry program exciting and welcoming to others.
- Has a Love for Jesus and a Passion for Children and Youth Ministry
- Possesses good interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills, along with creativity and enthusiasm for Youth Ministry.
- Has a strong commitment to Christian beliefs and is well rooted and grounded in the Old and New Testament Scriptures
- Agrees with the Statement of Faith of St. Peter's Reformed Church
- Has prior experience in Christian Education and/or Youth Ministry
In addition, the Director of Youth Ministry should:
- Complete certifications or background checks as mandated by law or by request of St. Peter’s Reformed Church
- Attend St. Peter's Worship Service regularly
- Implement and maintain all required background checks for youth volunteers
- Work hours conducive to youth schedules
- Position hours will vary based on activities and meetings per week but will generally be around 20 hours per week with additional hours for specified activities as approved by the Spiritual Council
- Each employee hired is subject to up to a ninety-day continuous probationary period. This is the employee’s opportunity to become acquainted with the job as well as St. Peter’s opportunity to evaluate his/her performance
Duties and Responsibilities - Youth Ministry
- Coordinate and lead biweekly youth meetings for the 7-12 grade Youth Group program and biweekly 4-6 grade meetings for the TNT program with a focus on strengthening youth relationships to Christ and nurturing them in their faith
- Coordinate and lead one additional activity per month for the Youth Group and one additional activity for TNT that focuses on mission, fun, and strengthening relationships
- Lead the Youth in Willing Workers and other service related projects to help members in our congregation and community
- .Develop meaningful connections with youth on a regular basis (approx. 6-8 a month)
- This includes but is not limited to attending school events, meeting for meals, talking by phone during the week, or social activities
- Provide weekly communication in Sunday’s bulletin and monthly in the Church Newsletter on youth events and utilize social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram, in communicating with the youth of St. Peter’s
- Assist and lead the Youth Group in planning and implementing a summer outreach event for kids in the community in Summer 2022
- Lead the Youth Group in a yearly summer Mission trip
- Develop and implement a plan to grow the Youth Ministries program
- Expand outreach to children and youth within the community
- Organize Mission Sundays for the Youth Group to present their mission trip experiences to the Congregation
- Coordinate fundraising activities, that have been approved by the Consistory, with the help of Youth Group and TNT parents
- Meet with parent volunteers to review programs and activities and provide updates on interpersonal relationships as needed
- Maintain financial accountability for youth programs
- Provide leadership/supervision for all youth at onsite and offsite activities.
- Prepare a monthly written program status report and financial report for presentation to the Board of Elders and/or Consistory along with an end of year annual report.